Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What's in a name?


My maiden name is Olive Ella Christensen. Christensen is Danish. My grandfather Fredrick Christensen was born April 2 1880 in Frederickshavn, Hjorring, Denmark. Fredrick's wife, Anna Safrone Andreasen, dad was from Denmark and mother from Sweden. Anna was a first gerneration American born in Box Elder Utah. My father Gilbert Marinus Christensen(photo) was first generation American on his fathers side.

I had a few nicknames growing up. I was small and very thin with white hair and they called me "midg" short for midget. At times I was called "Olie" short for Olive. At school my friends would call me "Chris" because of Christensen but my favorite nickname was by my brother Gilbert. He would call me "PollyWog!"

1 comment:

  1. I remember great grandpa Fredrick Christensen. He was a stalwart member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints.
    He was bishop for 16 years. I remember when I was around four years old, he called the family to family prayer, many of us were together at the time. I don't remember what he said but I remember feeling the Holy Spirit strongly as he spoke to God. Later when I was around 10, he was in a home for the elderly, mother and I went to visit. He said to us that he wished the Lord would take him home because he couldn't see and couldn't hear and didn't walk well, thus wasn't able to do much work for the Lord on this side of the veil and would like to get busy working on the other side.

    ReplyDelete